The Science Behind the Glasses
UV400 glasses block out harmful blue wavelengths that cause general eye problems from monitors and screens.
According to Harvard Medical School, there are several health issues that these blue lights can create:
- Interferes with circadian rhythm which affects sleep
- Long-term, nighttime disruption from blue light may contribute to the causation of cancer, diabetes, heat disease and obesity.
- Suppresses nightly secretion of melatonin (sleep hormone), which might explain association with cancer
These glasses help reduce the amount of blue light that enters the iris with a UV400 lens that helps filter these wavelengths.
A study done at John Carroll University found that participants that wore blue light blocking glasses at night, saw an improvement in their sleep and had their symptoms of ADHD reduced.
According to Science Daily, the benefits of blue light blocking glasses are:
- Better sleep
- Avoids postpartum depression
- Prevents Seasonal Affective Disorder
The copper color of the lenses also helps create contrast and make environments in games appear brighter. Blue light has shorter wavelengths, thus making it scatter easier than most other colors. This makes focusing a lot more difficult. This is why removing blue light can help improve your vision's sharpness and depth perception.
These also don't create any color distortion, which is important when using these glasses for gaming.
Remember, we are simply reviewing studies and drawing logical conclusions with the data. However, this data is not backed by the Food and Drug Administration (of course), and our product should not be considered as cure for diseases, ailments, illnesses, or any other kind of sickness.